It's been a long time how's everyone been?!  Life can be so busy and I have neglected my baby (this blog).  So I will update on what I have been up to lately because I know y'all nosey af 😂.
  • September 18, 2018 I started Accutane (Absorica 80mg a day) I felt this was the best route for me since I balanced my hormones.  Accutane is definitely not for everyone, ,but it did work great for me!
  • November 2018 traveled to Tokyo Japan for a week while still on Accutane!  Best trip ever and the ramen OMG can't wait to go back.  
  • January 22, 2019 my last day taking Accutane!  Great thing is I hit my cumulative dosage in 4 months and not 5-6 months so I finished early.
  • February 2019 until the present trying to live my best life!!!
Accutane effects literally began day two of taking the medication and man the dry lips, corners of the lips cracking, and body aches aren't for the weak.  It was an experience that I don't regret, but I wasn't surprised because I did a lot of research prior too.  My dermatologists were impressed with how my skin did on the medication and me in general my cholesterol didn't even rise too high to where I needed a break from the medication, but I think that was due to the fish oil.  So I wrote a guest blog post for my girl Ali that owns Kween & Co. because well I'm a f**kin kween (there are progress pictures and more details).  Ki's Kween & Co Blog Post.

Glowin' and being cute
After finishing Accutane I had to wait 6 weeks to get a wax and let me tell you it was MUCH needed and damn appreciated because shaving irritates my skin like none other.  I was also told that for any harsh skin treatments and tattoo's I needed to wait at least 6 months (half arm sleeve coming). 


Also, ya girl was featured on Cocokind's Good being You billboard in NYC.  I'm honored that my picture was selected to go on the billboard, but then again I am a whole meal out here 😂.

One last thing as the mom of a teenage girl with puberty they may get acne, and with the foods and different environmental factors it may happen.  During their cycle maybe when it shows up (that's when my daughter has her breakouts), and it may just happen all the time.  Definitely ask their pediatrician and if necessary schedule an appointment with their dermatologist.  I use clean beauty products on my daughter that I use on myself Cocokind.
Please also keep in mind the hormones and antibiotics that are used in a lot of food that we buy and eat everyday.  I really became mindful of that and try to buy grass fed meats and things like that.  Our bodies are our temples so lets water them from the inside out, and feed it what it needs!!

Until next time I'm out this biotchhhhhhhhh 

xoxo Ki
The Office is life 🙌